Roadmap for the 2019
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do... Explore. Dream. Discover."
- Mark Twain
Before setting out on a new journey it's always a good idea to see where you've been.
Click here to view the changes that were made to AutoTRAX DEX-PCB in past
Planned enhancements to AutoTRAX DEX-PCB for the next 2019
This will greatly help you create your design.
- Improved follow me router for adding wires
- Better rewiring when moving symbols.
- Better rewiring when moving wires.
- Used in the schematic router
- Follow me router
- Very fast
- Not locked to a machine
- Free with no limits
Ability to split up a design into multiple sheet. Select parts in a schematic and move to...
- Sub-system with ports
- Sibling sheet on same level
- Child sheet
Gates and Pin Swap
Group pads into gates and swapable pads.
Similar to the current add/edit resistor dialog/command the following device types will be supported:
- MELF resistors
Parametric device models that automatically create footprints, 3D parts and the associated schematic symbols will be added for the following device types:
- SIP resistors
- Coil Inductors - Panasonic
- More parts and expanded community parts.
- Web based parts librarian.
This is a very significant part of AutoTRAX DEX-PCB.
- Easier to use Parts
- More powerful Probe (Simulation view)
- More instruments
- Device charactertization plots
- More videos.
- Part Creaion book.
- Designing with AutoTRAX DEX-PCB book.
- Powerpoint style presentation.
The 3D viewer/modeler will be improved to:
- Import from Active3D into AutoTRAX DEX-PCB.
- More model creation techniques including surface of revolution, extrusions and machine tool operations like drills.
- STEP import.
- Improved internal router. Shaped based at no additional cost.
- Follow me routing with manual routing linked to the internal router; a bit like the schematic wire router.
- Turn on/off individual unrouted nets using route panel.
- Via stack.
PCB Layer Build-up
- PCB Layer designer properties panel
- Electrical properties
- Physical properties
Kill all those bugs and usability issues and make AutoTRAX DEX-PCB rock solid:
- Improved Mantis Bug Tracking.
- Feature Tracking.
- Usability Tracking.